Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pea-sized lump just below the sternum. Is this a cause for concern or maybe just an ingrown hair?

I just noticed tonight that I have a pea-sized hard lump just about 2 inches below my sternum. It is pinkish in color and is tender to the touch. I would say the majority is below skin level and it is slightly elevated. Any ideas if this would be a boil, in-grown hair or similar? I don't want to squeeze out any puss, etc for it may cause more issues.



Could this be a simple infection or pimple?



I think it just came on in the last 24 hours as I was daily and have never noticed anything at all. It is fairly noticable and as I stated, tender to the touch.



Pea-sized lump just below the sternum. Is this a cause for concern or maybe just an ingrown hair?

It sounds like a pimple. If left untreated (unpopped, as an example), there is a chance it could form into a boil. A boil will be large (the size of a big pee or larger) and painful. It would not be a cyst, as they tend to be non-painful in nature. Hope this helps!



Pea-sized lump just below the sternum. Is this a cause for concern or maybe just an ingrown hair?

i think you are right. its a pimple, ingrown hair, or some such and i have had the same thing on me in other places. i would put a small amount of topical antibiotic ointment such as neosporin on it a few times a day for the next few days. that should clear it up. if it does not, please do not hesitate to see someone about it. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment