Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Removed ingrown hair. Now have large black spots where hair was? What is this?

I had 2 ingrown hairs in my pubic region and one on my thigh. I removed them all without any difficulty, cleansed them, and promptly forgot about them. It's been about 2 weeks. Was glancing in the mirror on the way to the shower and saw black spots where these ingrown hairs used to be. Fairly large (larger than a capital O on the keyboard). There's no pain. Doesn't feel raised at all. But in each of the locations I removed the hairs from. Anyone know what this is? What caused this? How to remove this? Do I need to see a dr? (They're closed now which is why I ask the great wide internet instead. lol.)



Removed ingrown hair. Now have large black spots where hair was? What is this?

I would be willing to bet that this is just a bit of blood from the disrupted follicle that couldn't get out through the skin. I really don't think it's anything to worry about. Hope this helps!



Removed ingrown hair. Now have large black spots where hair was? What is this?

I believe that you may have a condition called Hidradenitis Supprativa. It is a condition of re-occurring boils/ cysts/abscesses , that are often misdiagnosed as ingrown hairs, herpes, being unclean and folliculitis. This is a newly diagnosed skin condition , but there is a lot of info out there.



Here is a link :



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradeniti...



If this sounds like it might be you, READ it, PRINT it out, and TAKE it to your DOC.



Its better to try to start treatment soon, it can spread over the body if left untreated. These boils can become quite large and painful. Sometimes even lasting for weeks or months , do not attempt to POP them they can then tunnel under your skin and spread all over the body. Most common areas are armpits, groin, binkni line, inner legs, and intimate places and basically anywhere that sweats and rub against clothing. Stress is a big inducer.



There is some support groups at MSN



(http://groups.msn.com/HidradenitisSuppor...



and yahoo, and I am open for questions!



I have had this for 8 years, I was misdiagnosed for a LONG time, It was very embarrassing, painful and scary. I am just trying to help out so you don閳ユ獩 have to wait as long as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment