Thursday, July 30, 2009

What is the best way to PREVENT ingrown hair?

I get them all the time. Mostly on the backs of my legs (above the knee), bikini line, armpits, and one more place...around my nipples! I should explain that last one. After having our 3 children I guess my hormones have been out of whack. All females have hair on their chests. Well, a few of those hairs around my nipples started growing darker and thicker after having kids, so I use my tweezer and pluck them. Yes, it hurts, but you get used to it just as with tweezing eyebrows. Any SERIOUS suggestions for getting rid of the ingrowns I have?



What is the best way to PREVENT ingrown hair?

if you have naturally curly hair you're more prone to get ingrown hairs, especially if you're shaving the hair off.... the best ways to prevent is to not shave (allow it grow longer) or to use depilatory cream (such as nair) or to get electrolysis to permanently remove the hair.



you can also invest in an electric razor to lessen the degree of ingrown hairs.



it sucks, i suffer from them too... nair works best for me



What is the best way to PREVENT ingrown hair?

it sounds crazy, but a friend told me to use deoderant after you shave , on the places where your prone to ingrown hairs, and it works like a charm:)



What is the best way to PREVENT ingrown hair?

exfoliate using a mild daily scrub like neutrogena daily scrub. it works wonders coz it has siacylic acid to stop break outs as u exfoliate



What is the best way to PREVENT ingrown hair?

Exfoliate with a loofah or scrubby sponge.



What is the best way to PREVENT ingrown hair?

I have heard about the deodorant trick as mentioned by someone else. I haven't had the problem with my arms, but for the bikini line, my solution was to go to a salon and have it waxed. You have to let the hair grow in a little bit, enough for the wax to take ahold of it. It solved a lot of problems for me. The hair grows in soft and doesn't get as ingrown as it does when you shave. A few years ago I broke down and paid for laser treatments to remove the hair permanently from the bikini line. It's been great since then. It's costly, but I was able to make payments each time I went so it wasn't so bad. This may not be an option for you right now...perhaps later on. However, the waxing works well and takes no time at all when done by a beauty salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment