Thursday, July 23, 2009

I think i have an ingrown hair...?

ok..i wore semi-tight boxers to bed, cuz i didnt do my laundry so i had to wear them. but the morning after..i had this painful *** red bulge on my waist. i thought a spider bit me, but i didnt pay too much attention 2 it. the next morning it was bigger, and red, and hurt much more. i waited to see if it would get better. the next morning it was like much bigger, more painful, and the center was like black. so it looked like a volcanoe, and the middle is black now. i went to the doctor and he gave me some antibiotics, and i have to take them 4x a day for 10 days. but what the heck is it? ingrown hair? spider bite? i dont know...but do you think antibiotics are necessary? i read other entries similar to mine, and most people tend to like rip off the middle scab part and like either squeez it like crazy or some other weird thing. any advice?



I think i have an ingrown hair...?

Funny enough but most times spider bites tend to "travel"...at least in my experience. Most times I've ever gotten spider bites in my sleep, I've gotten a couple at a time. Mainly because the spider bites as it's moving off of you.



It does sound like an ingrown hair. I've gotten them before and they can hurt like hell! They can tend to look like little volcanoes or giant pimples (take your pick lol). Yes, antibiotics can be necessary because you don't want it to become infected. There's still "pus" and junk inside that you don't want released back into your system and causing an infection. So, take the antibiotics as the Dr. recommends.



Also, I'd just leave it alone. If it bothers you pain wise, maybe put a topical on it, like neosporin plus pain relief or even a Hydrocortisone cream with pain relief. You can also put some moist heat on it to help it "come to a head" faster. But I would HIGHLY recommend not picking at it cuz you'll only end up hurting yourself or causing it to become infected. Hope ya feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment