Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ingrown hair??

Right on the edge of my vagina is bump. I've had it for a few days now and its sore, and just yesterday it turned a dark color. It's about the size of a pea. I've soaked in the bathtub and applied warm pressure to it also. I think it may be an ingrown hair and I've read that you probally shouldn't pop it. So I'm trying to leave it alone. Any advice??



Ingrown hair??

Welcome to the club. It's turning a dark color because it is actually bleeding. After it pops, it will bleed. Don't freak out, that's normal. Try to let it go until it (yuk) pops on it's own.



Doesn't it suk being a girl?? The crap we have to go through.



Ingrown hair??

I've had ingrown hair from waxing down there and (this might sound gross) but my hubby helped me pop it and it was much better after that (swelling and pain went away).



Hope this helps. ;)



Ingrown hair??

Been there had that. Try an Epsom salt bath. Or get a cotton ball with salt and keep applying on it. Eventually it will pop, in the mean time I sympathize.



Ingrown hair??

It's probably a boil, which is caused by an ingrown hair. You're doing well by soaking it with warm water and leaving it alone. It'll get worse and possibly infected if you try to pop it. Give it another few days. If it doesn't come to a head on its own and gets too painful, you may need to get it lanced/drained by a dermatologist. I had one in my armpit and it grew to be the size of a golf ball. I had to actually be put under anasthesia and have it drained...that's how painful it got. Not to scare you...just letting you know that it might have to be taken out professionally. If you try to do it yourself, you will infect it and probably won't be able to get the "source" out and it could come back. But for now, just keep the area clean and apply warm compress to help it come to head on its own. Good luck.



Ingrown hair??

wow i read jeristhin's answer and i thought i was the only one who let my husband pop my ingrown hair bumps down their. yes i let him pop them to and when he dose it he uses a sharp pin, pops it, it bleeds and then he squeezes it and rubs alcohol on it. gosh it hurts when he squeezes the hell out of it! but he dose it good and it feels better.

No comments:

Post a Comment