Monday, July 20, 2009

Deep ingrown hair - HELP!!??

I have had this little hard spot on my jaw, in the beard area, for about two months now. It looks and feels and resembles an ingrown hair, so I am just assuming that is what it is. However it is DEEP underneath the skin. I have tried getting to it with a needle, but simple don't have the ability to stab myself that deep with a needle. I don't know what else to do. I am scared if I don't do something it will sort of "fossilize" and be on my face forever.



HELP!!



Deep ingrown hair - HELP!!??

Ok, STOP POKING!! If the hair is in there, poking it with a needle (i'm assuming unsterilized?!) can just cause infection or a cyst. I had to deal with this with my husband, and I am an aesthetician so I get this ALL the time. There is a couple things you can try to do on your own first, without having to resort to your derm.



First, go out and buy yourself a good microdermabrasion. I got my husband the one at Origins, its call Modern Friction. It is ground rice, aloe and lemon based so what it will do is gently buff away the top layer of dead skin. I would do this weekly to just keep those hairs growing in nicely! By the way, it has no girly smells either, it just smells clean.



Next, take a very warm washcloth and lay with it on. This will open up the pores and make it easier to get the hair. I don't know how deep the hair is, but this should really help. I dont know if you live near a Sephora or a beauty supply store, but invest in an extractor. It looks like a double edged weird thing with a pointed edge on one side and a hook on the other end with a hold in it. What you can do is sterilize the poker looking like thing with some alcohol and LIGHTLY press into the open pore where the hair is located. Next, flip it over and put the hole where hair hair is and press firmly, but please don't go crazy. If it does not come up, do NOT keep trying. Repeat the first step of the warm compress the next day. If that bugger still won't come out, go see the derm. The important thing to do is keep it clean! Good luck!



Deep ingrown hair - HELP!!??

Since you've already tried to extract the hair and failed, your best bet is to visit your family doc who will remove it for you. You don't want it to get infected or result in a sebacious cyst so don't delay seeking care.



Deep ingrown hair - HELP!!??

Ingrown hair information can be found at this source.

No comments:

Post a Comment